NEUROMODULATORS - BOTOX, DYSPORT, AND MICROTOX
Neuromodulators are a popular anti-aging solution for common areas of the face. Wrinkles and fine lines appear on the face due to repetitive muscle contraction, such as when we smile, frown, squint our eyes, or laugh. The Neuromodulator injections work by weakening the muscle and virtually slowing down the activity. These injections are reputably time-tested to restore a more youthful appearance and smooth the lines and wrinkles in the skin.
At The Skin Clinic, we can soften these lines with Botox, Dysport, or Microtox to treat these areas of concern. Thankfully, Botox and Dysport, and Microtox injections are both considered safe and require just a single office visit to see results!
Neuromodulators are often used to treat:
Contact The Skin Clinic today to make an appointment or to ask any questions you may have.
- Visible bumps may be seen around the injection site. These are normal and may last anywhere from 15 minutes to several hours.
- Some bruising may be visible. Bruising can happen in some treatments but won't affect the result. Bruising will generally resolve within 1-2 weeks. The use of arnica Montana may help reduce bruising.
- Headache may be a possible side effect of the injection. Acetaminophen (Tylenol) may be used according to package directions as needed.
- Sensitive or blurry vision is rare but possible 1-2 days post-treatment. Wear sunglasses and use moisturizing eye drops as needed.
- Flu-like symptoms are rare but may occur and last between 2-3 days. We recommend getting plenty of rest, taking in lots of fluids, and taking Tylenol or Motrin, as needed.
- Immediately seek medical attention if you experience difficulty with speech, breathing, or swallowing.
- Do not try to lie down for at least four hours post-injection.
- Do not massage or put pressure on the treatment area for at least 24 hours.
- Do not exercise or conduct any other activity that may raise your core body temperature for 24-48 hours following your injection.
- It is recommended that for at least two weeks after treatment, you do not get a facial massage, microdermabrasion, laser, facial, peel, etc.
- If treatment was in the forehead or frown line area, do not wear a tight hat or headband for 48 hours.
- You may wash your face normally tonight, but do not massage or use any abrasive exfoliants or scrubs. If you usually use a Clarisonic brush, do not use it the first night.
Get In touch
Leave us a message